I say this every year, but I’m not quite sure how another year has come and gone! Each one seems to fly past so quickly and I’m always left wondering where the time went.
However, I am actually anxious for 2013 to begin. Do you ever have those feelings which tell you that the next step is going to be a big one? That’s how I feel about this coming year. It’s with butterflies in my stomach that I prepare to enter 2013, knowing that I’m going to be working hard towards achieving my dream of being a published writer.
So what’s on for next year?
- I’m starting my Cert IV in Professional Writing & Editing – so excited!!!
- I am going to finish my current WIP Love en Pointe (I’ve added a page on the blog where you can find updates on my WIPs) and polish it all up for submission
- I’m going to try my hand at writing a Novella or two – since I love reading them so much
- I’m also going to try to write more short stories and potentially publish them here on the blog, so I can get more comfortable with my work being out in the open (kind of critical for someone who wants to be an author!)
- I’m going to challenge myself to read more
On that note, I am going to finish preparing my apartment for Christmas Day (where the husband and I will be having both families for lunch at once – eek!) and wish you all a happy, safe and food-filled Christmas and New Year.
My favourite Christmas treats – chocolate cupcakes with ‘pudding’ decorations
What are your goals/aspirations/hopes for next year?